Sunday, October 31, 2004

i really can't believe that nobody commented on yesterday's entry!!!! i'm not looking for agreement, just some dialogue!!!!!

0 comments...that is what i see each time i re-read yesterday's blog, thinking SOMEONE out there has read it and how can you read something like that and then go up to the upper right hand corner and click on NEXT BLOG and read and then comment on someone's pink and white hello kitty blog about last night's slumber party ...i'm sorry, i just am frustrated...this morning i invested about one hour of time (when i should be getting ready for church) to "blog-hop" and so many people are writing about everyday, mundane things (yeah, i know that i have plenty of everyday, mundane things that i could also write about) and i see very few blogs devoted lately to what may be a major turning point in our nation, the 2004 presidential election...and the on-going situation in the world...terrorism, etc...by on-going, it has been going on for hundreds of years, just now we have the technology to actually hear and see it almost as it happens...then our enormous planet suddenly becomes so small...our global world becomes personal...it will become more personal for me, depending on the outcome of the election, for many reasons, but most of my mind is "will there be a draft? will my son therefore be a part of the military in the near future?"... he is almost 19 and a first year college student, a future music teacher, a white "homeboy" with a wicked sense of humor, a love for english league soccer and mountain dew, a survivor of his parents' divorce, still learning responsiblity but with a caring heart and a "billy koch" goatee...selfishly i ask "what will i do if he...has to go...?"...can't even write the words...then there is my 16 yr old daughter...will it ever affect her?...God, i don't think that you necessarily endorse any candidates for this election or any, but guide me to do what is right, whatever that is...help me trust You, not just in this, but in all things, especially my financial situation...
it makes me wonder who is the candidate of choice for those families and friends of soldiers and hostages wounded or killed by the cowards?...
ah...for the good old days when i had the boston red sox to distract me from real life...

1 comment:

sumo said...

Okay...
I read your blog everyday unless I'm sick...Friday I had oral surgery and was in bed all Saturday being sick with the antibiotic I was given...Yech!...That is why I didn't comment...I don't much to tell the truth...but after I saw it today...I would have. You are right about it all, although we are probably distanced by a few things in this life...I totally understand where you are coming from. It would be nice to just be concerned about who is going to win the next sports game for sure. What will be...will be. Take care...oh...you might find this interesting...go to my post of 27th (I think)... "You'll need to sit for this one" this will make you wonder about some things too. Take
care Teacher lady!