so i will help m. get packed and ready to go today...then i guess i will do some cleaning and organizing around here...i should go back and read my old blog entries about how many times i planned to "clean and organize"...most of the times, sadly, i am sure that is exactly what i did...it looks like i won't go to church today...i have to pray for forgiveness for being what i think was irresponsible during my past illness...there are some people to whom i did not show the consideration they deserved, even though i was ill and wasn't really thinking clearly...i am not quite sure how to handle this situation...i guess my prayer right now would be that God would put in my heart what i need to do, because right now i don't know what that is, or maybe i do and am reluctant to do it...
yesterday sure was a fun day...i think that slowly the balance will be restored to my life...something else i have to consider is being prepared for something major happening in my life...(music interruption: desperado by the eagles is on the radio- good song!)...you know, i can't really get into that subject right now...it is almost constantly on my mind, but somehow writing about it is difficult...this may be what the students hear when i talk about problem solving in math, you know, how they are to put what they are thinking on paper in words, pictures, and numbers (palabras, dibujos, y numeros en espanol!)...wasl, or washington assessment of student learning has been helpful in that way...what was i talking about?...
ok, i'm done...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Teacher Lady: Caught up with your posts today...very interesting. I was born and raised in a suburb of Los Angeles. I lived in the State of Washington for 4 1/2 years in the late 70's so I am familiar with all the places that you mentioned. I lived above Spokane ( about 80 miles south of Canada) near the Idaho border...and was about 40 miles from Coeur d' Alene...yes a lovely city. I flew there for a special retirement party for my Father. It happened to be on the new waterfront hotel river thingy boat. I heard California developers swooped into the area and wing dinged it up fancy. I was really impressed. I've only traveled through the Tri-Cities going to and from California...nice area. I absolutely love the replica of stonehenge along the Columbia...have you seen it? Enjoyed your "things about me"...I may try it myself...it's kind of hard to put oneself out there. I am very opinionated...aren't we all...sometimes I can open up...but I feel really inadequate to say much of anything. I think I am a work in progress...again...aren't we all. Hang in regarding your health...by your inference...don't know what it is...but wish good for you. Less that a year ago I lost my job because of having a chronic illness that progressively caused me to be much less physical in my work procedure...they wouldn't allow me you stay on and use my many other skills (and let someone else do the physical)so after 12 years in a management position...they let me go. That was a terrible blow to my self esteem...I had tried to hide my condition as best as possible to pay my son's college tuition...I don't ask for help for what is my responsiblility. My Husband's parents have money...long story short...they started picking up the tab recently because we could no longer afford it. Thank goodness...but it is very hard for me...in a pride way...and I know that is wrong. I see in your blog that you struggle...I wish I could help you...you have a good attitude about it...you are to be admired for your strength.
Post a Comment