Saturday, November 06, 2004

things about me that you may or may not care to know...

TEN Random Things About Me
10) I am obsessed with maps.
9) I love to make charts, graphs, lists, etc.
8) I could read all day and night and never tire of it.
7) I have an extremely warped sense of humor.
6) My shoe size is a 5 or 6, depending on the shoes.
5) I buy my clothes mostly at Thrift-Rak, which is a very cool local secondhand store.
4) I am a substitute teacher who teaches elementary, middle, and high school in 3 different school districts.
3) I am currently teaching myself the Russian language.
2) I was married for over 20 years.
1) I think baseball is more than just a sport...

NINE Places I've Been
9) EUROPE! Traveling about Spain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Germany, and Italy on my 1980 European vacation...went to Dachau, the concentration camp near Munich, Germany- unbelievably sad...
8) NEW YORK! I've been there twice, 1976 for the bicentennial, and in 1980 on our way to Europe...went to New York City during a garbage strike and a Broadway strike (so we didn't get to see the Broadway play Oklahoma!)...saw the setting-up for the Olympic Games when they were to be in Lake Placid...saw Mom's birthplace of Little Falls...
7) ARIZONA! My first trip as a married person took place in 1983 when we drove to Phoenix...it was romantic...
6) UTAH! Have only been in the Salt Lake Airport...spectacular mountain view
5) NEVADA! Reno International Jazz Festival in 1979...Lake Tahoe
4) CALIFORNIA! Disneyland twice (1973 and 1992)...on an Amtrak train down the Pacific Coast to watch the sunset- gorgeous!...the Monterrey area is beautiful...San Francisco is on my list of most special places in the world...Susanville is where our bus driver got a speeding ticket on a high school trip to Reno...
3) OREGON! Walking along the shores of the romantic Oregon coast with my high school boyfriend Alan in 1979...Applauding my son's jazz choir performance at the Mt. Hood Jazz Festival in Gresham, Oregon in 2004...
2) IDAHO! Silverwood, amusement park extraordinaire and home of the Tremors roller coaster...Coeur d'Alene, a lovely town...the capital city of Boise, where my son was in the All-Northwest Choir earlier this year...Lewiston, where I have watched many a soccer game...
1) 2 WASHINGTONS HERE: WASHINGTON DC! Visited here on the Bicentennial trip of 1976...Horrible storm prevented us from seeing the White House...in 1980 saw streakers at the Capitol Mall...Smithsonian Institute, the Subway, Watergate Hotel, Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial- so much history!!! and last but never least- WASHINGTON STATE! I live in Washington, so I have been to many places within this beautiful place, such as...`Seattle and Spokane, but everyone knows about those places, so I will mention some not-so-well-known, but special-to-me places...most of all the San Juan Islands for whale-watching and just riding the ferries between the islands...also Mt. Rainier...my hometown(s) of the Tri-Cities, Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland in southeastern Washington...Richland, my current hometown and birthplace of my son and daughter...Richland is home to the Hanford Nuclear Reservation and Washington State University Tri-Cities campus (where I obtained my Bachelor's Degree)...Kennewick is home of the Three Rivers Coliseum, where the WHL Tri-City Americans play hockey...Pasco is my birthplace and home to the Northwest League Tri-City Dust Devils baseball team..Ellensburg is a pretty area, home of Central Washington University...Walla Walla is quaint...Tyler, Washington is a tiny ghost-type town on the way to Cheney and it is very scary at night!...Cheney has nice people working at the Zip's restaurant...Boulder Cave is a fun place...

EIGHT Things I Want to Do Before I Die
8) Learn to play the guitar
7) Earn my National Board Certification in Education
6) Make amends to those I have hurt in life
5) Hang gliding
4) Learn to rollerskate, then to rollerblade
3) Possibly marry again (this time to the right person!)
2) Become a spokesperson for cancer research and/or mental illness research
1) Be at peace with my Creator

SEVEN Ways to Win My Heart
7) Speak the truth in love
6) Laugh with me, not at me
5) Live life every day
4) Make it count
3) Discuss instead of argue
2) Non-judgemental
1) Love God, others, and self

SIX Things I believe In
6) God. I don't always understand His ways, but I know He loves me even though I am not worthy
5) Friendship
4) Truth
3) Responsibility
2) Love
1) The Seattle Mariners will have a better season in 2005.

FIVE Things I'm Afraid Of
5) Senseless violence (sounds like an oxymoron, but some violence is necessary)
4) Rocks hitting my windshield as I am driving
3) The sound of a car backfiring
2) Heights, but roller coasters may help me overcome this
1) Alzheimer's disease

FOUR of My Favorite Items in My Bedroom
4) My cat Tigger snuggled next to me at night
3) My beautiful "Washington Star" quilt that I won in a raffle a few years ago.
2) "Grandma's pillow", which Grandma Doreen made for me as a child.
1) The white bookcase that my daughter and I painted together.

THREE Things I Do Everyday
3) Talk to God about every little and big thing going on.
2) Be thankful for what I have and do not have.
1) Make mistakes.

TWO Things I'm Trying Not to Do Right Now
2) Feel sorry for myself and my situation.
1) Eat when I am not hungry.

ONE Person I Want to See Right Now
1) Hmmm......

FYI: found this on someone's blog while i was "blog-hopping" the other day, so i just copied and pasted my own information and voila!...so feel free to do the same if you wish...

No comments: